WP3 is out and some plugins try to give a nice UI to manage custom types, taxonomies, and custom fields.
The goal is for example, to create with a UI, something like :
- Custom type : Movie
- Hierarchical taxonomy : Movie genre (in : action, romance, historical)
- Keyword taxonomy : Actors
- Custom fields :
- Text field : Director
- Date field : Release date
- Upload file/image : Movie cover
- Select field : Movie type (short movie, long movie)
I found 4 plugins that can do that, partially :
Easy post types > custom types, taxonomies, and custom fields.
Features / limitations :
– Only 1 field metabox by custom type.
– Taxonomies are not shared with other types
– No upload file field
Custom post type UI > only custom types and taxonomies, but no custom field (buggy, last time I checked : 23/06/2010)
WP post type UI > only custom types and taxonomies, but no custom field (custom fields enabled by “Custom Field Template”)
More types > still alpha version : only custom types (fields & taxonomiy with More fields & More taxonomies)
I eventually will write a benchmark of theses 4 plugins (and the ones to come), if anyone is interested in helping me with that ?
- The topic ‘Custom post types plugins : benchmark’ is closed to new replies.