I thought some of those using the Custom Permalinks plugin might be interested in this information – a fix I discovered for the ‘redirect loop’ error ..
I’ve been using Custom Permalinks for our website for some time with no problem at all.
But after changing our home page from the posts page to a static page, I was struggling (as others here have done) with the fact that I was getting the ‘too many redirects’ error with Custom Permalinks activated, and our website would not load.
I checked .htaccess, disabled other plugins (e.g the Redirection plugin I’m now using because there have been several changes to the site structure) … but still no luck and nothing I tried worked.
Then finally I found a solution!! :)
For the new static home page, the URL was http://bjseminars.com.au/welcome and ‘welcome’ was showing in the URL field in the admin area for that page. I simply removed the word so the URL for the page was now simply http://bjseminars.com.au .. leaving the field blank.
Our site now loads and works as it should .. :)
Hope this is of some help for others who experience the same problem.
I'm delighted to have found the fix. Custom Permalinks is a fantastic plugin – it’s great for keeping the URLs tidier and much simpler when there are several sub-pages on a site.