Support » Fixing WordPress » Custom JS or any new plugins do not work

  • Resolved memymilk

    (@memymilk)


    Hi,

    I used to have some custom Javascript code on the website that I used via CSS&Javascript toolbox plugin, which for some reason stopped working. When trying to add any other custom JS via this or other plugins it does not get executed. What the code is supposed to do is t swap content of a div depending on a link click (show this div and hide others)

    I have also tried installing some tab plugins like WP tabs, switching all the other plugins apart from this one, but none of the new tabs plugins that I have tried seem to work either (all of them glitch in different ways – do not show content or don’t react on licks or other problems). I find it unlikely that out of the few high rated plugins I tried somehow all of them do not work, so I suspect there is a problem with the site itself.

    At this point I am not sure what the problem is as neither JS nor plugins work with all the plugins turned off either. How can I fix it?

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The vertical tabs on the page work, at least from my end. As in, the first tab and its content are open by default, and when I click another tab, that new tab gets open and its content becomes visible.

    I find it unlikely that out of the few high rated plugins I tried somehow all of them do not work, so I suspect there is a problem with the site itself.

    JavaScript errors are almost always logged in the browser’s console, and that’s where you should begin JS troubleshooting from. Even now, I can see the following JS parsing error in the console.

    Error parsing a meta element's content: ';' is not a valid key-value pair separator. Please use ',' instead.

    Also since the WordPress jQuery Armageddon, lots of themes and plugins that used the old jQuery code are either completely broken or have individual function(s) broken. So if your code and/or all the plugins relied on old jQuery, that might be the root of your problem.

    Thread Starter memymilk

    (@memymilk)

    Hi,

    I have fixed the issue with the tabs a couple of hours later after posting but thank you for looking into it! 🙂

    Yeah seems a lot of the old code on the web-site seems to no longer be working, I think you are right about the source of the problem.

    • This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by memymilk.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.