I have recently started to learn how to integrate WordPress into Dreamweaver CS5. I have been following the Lynda.com video on the exact topic. There is a problem that arises as I try to follow the exercise files pertaining to the css of the <body> tag in the index.php file. The CSS is AUTOMATICALLY rewritten and becomes inaccessible to edit when you try and change a theme. This is what happens:
1. In WordPress, I activate the Twenty Ten theme.
2. In Dreamweaver, I open the main index.php file, click on Live Code and find the <body> tag and its CSS style. The following link shows the code in the index.php file: Jpeg 1
3. With the <body> tag selected, the CSS rules in the CSS Panel are editable and I can change the background color. The following Image shows this: Jpeg 2
4. Then I want to create a custom theme from the Twenty Ten theme, so in Dreamweaver, I find the Twenty Ten folder in wp-content/themes and I Duplicate it. Dreamweaver creates a copy of the folder and I rename it to a name I want for my custom theme. I also rename the style.css file comments so I can identify my new theme.
5. I go into WordPress and activate the new custom them I just created by simply duplicating the Twenty Ten theme.
6. I go into Dreamweaver to open up the index.php, and turn on Live Code so I can make changes to the CSS for the body tag, BUT I can't!!! Somehow, a new css style has been created called body.custom-background and I have no idea where it came from and it is completely inaccessable to me. Here you can see the new css code that has been created and I cannot find anywhere in the files associated with index.php (It is not in style.css): Jpeg 3
7. So not only I can;t find where this CSS code came from or where it lives, I simply cannot change this css rule at all as seen in this jpeg: Jpeg 4
I have searched through all the code associated with index.php and I cannot find where this body.custom-background css style has come from. It was not in the original theme folder and I merely copied that folder and all of a sudden, somehow, it has appeared. Like it was automatically generated or it is hidden somewhere but I have no idea how to find it. Has anyone had a similar issue or can someone explain to me how to get to the bottom of this? I have already spent over 4 hours trying to figure out from where this code comes from and how in the world do I edit it!!