Saving URE settings for any role completely breaks s2Member custom roles and capabilities.
This is the most critical issue for all websites using User Role Editor and s2Member.
Steps to reproduce the issue:
- clean WordPress 3.5.1 install with s2Member (v130406) and User Role Editor (3.12)
- create 2 pages for s2Member and configure the plugin:
- “Membership options page” – leave empty content
- “Login welcome page” – add the following content for testing purposes:
You can access level 1
You can access level 2
You can access level 3
You can access level 4
- setup s2Member:
- Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Login Welcome Page -> select the new page
- Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Membership Options Page -> select the new page
- create a test user and assign any of the s2member levels
- login to the site and verify the appropriate “You can access level X” text is displayed on the “Login welcome page”
- as administrator go to: Admin -> Users -> User Role Editor, select any of the s2Member levels and just click “Update”
- s2Member levels will not be recognized anymore in the system – “Login welcome page” will not show any text for regular user
- you must reset s2Member roles and capabilities to rebuild custom capabilities: Admin -> s2Member -> General Options -> Membership Levels/Labels -> Reset Roles/Capabilities.
This will again break when you re-save URE settings.
Please provide a fix soonest possible.
Also, post any ideas that will help us and other developers temporarily fix the issue until the update is released.
- The topic ‘CRITICAL: saving settings breaks all s2Member access checks’ is closed to new replies.