Create Page/Post – 404
I’m using the most recent version of WordPress and have encountered an issue that I’ve never seen before.
Basically, when I try to publish a Page or a Post, WordPress directs me to a 404 page rather than publishing the post.
What I’ve managed to find is that THIS ONLY OCCURS when I add content into the page/post. If I only enter a page title and then hit publish, it works perfectly fine.
However, if I then try and edit that page/post and add content to it and then try to update, it goes to a 404 page again.
– This is a brand new installation of WordPress on a cPanel (Linux) hosting environment – It has not been migrated from a previous host/website
What I’ve tried so far, but to no avail:
– Reset permalinks
– Reverted to default theme
– Deleted autosaves/post backups from MySQL directly
– Restored the most recent Wodpress update from within the Admin dashboard
– Reset .htaccess
After trying each of the above, the problem is still current.
It appears it has something to do with the software saving the actual content of the page/post, as this is when the error occurs.
Any ideas as to how to solve this?
- The topic ‘Create Page/Post – 404’ is closed to new replies.