Create a database
I’m finding all the instructions incomprehensible. Here are the instructions for installing and my questions:
1. Make sure your host meets the requirements. Also, have a database ready with proper username and password.
What does “have a database ready with proper username and password” mean? I’ve looked at the ” Using phpMyAdmin” section and it assumes that you know how to use it. For example, it says there, ” If a database relating to WordPress does not already exist in the Database dropdown on the left, create one.” What Database drop-down?” How do I get into phpMyAdmin? I know it’s on my Web host’s server, because I have a folder named that, but I don’t know how to use it. Why give instructions for installing that assume I know how to use this stuff?
2. Unzip the package you downloaded.
OK, understand that!
3. Open up wp-config-sample.php and fill in your database details. Save and rename the file to wp-config.php.
I don’t understand this. In a text editor? Notepad? Wordpad? Locally?
4. Upload all the files to your webhost
In a folder? Can I name the folder anything?
5. Run the installation file. Relative to where you uploaded the files, it’ll be in wp-admin/install.php.
How do I “run” it?
- The topic ‘Create a database’ is closed to new replies.