this one is pretty funny if I wasnt pulling my hair out. its really quite unbelievable.
I am having problems displaying images in posts. i have searched the forums and found many other having this problem with 2.8.x, typically after upgrading from 2.7, although mine was not an upgrade (though i did do a server migration)
in an attempt to narrow down the problem, heres what i discovered:
– no matter what workaround i tried nothing seemed to work.
– i already had some images uploaded into the themes/theme/images folder that i used for the site design
– to experiment i used a direct path for one of these images in a post and it worked. the image displayed.
– next, i uploaded a new image to the same folder via ftp (so it cant be a problem of permissions). then i edited the post and simply replaced the name of the one image file that was showing for the name of the new image file that i just uploaded into the same directory.
magically, the new image does not get displayed. How on earth could this be possible???
i would really appreciate any help as i am helping launch this site for a friend who is a professional musician and his whole record label is about to launch a PR campaign to support his new project and now he’s trying to write his first blog post and cant get images to display.
- The topic ‘craziest problem i have ever witnessed with images’ is closed to new replies.