Just a quick question since I’ve been agonizing about this for some time now. I’m creating a website for a magazine/journal and here are the specifics:
– The journal has 12 issues (and an issue is released every 4 months). So we’re looking at a lot of sections for this website.
– Each issue has content which is divided into 6-7 categories.
– Each issue has about 40 articles (including some pages for art galleries).
– Each issue needs a custom header (i.e. a unique header image and navigation).
** Note that this is not a “blog” type of magazine. Content is released once every 4 months.**
What would be better – a multisite (each issue gets its own site) or custom post types/taxonomies (one for each issue).
One custom post type for each issue because I need a unique template for each issue (custom header and widgets). Then I would make custom taxonomies to represent the different sections (poetry, fiction, art etc).
Do you think a multisite with one widgetized theme would be simpler? Since I don’t have to make custom post types and taxonomies… and not to speak of the custom templates.
Any help (comments, suggestions, thoughts etc.) would be greatly appreciated 🙂
- The topic ‘CPT or multisite’ is closed to new replies.