I'm doing a fork of Counterize II to continue its development. I will call it Counterize III for now but I may change the name later to differentiate the 2 products, as I am not the original author. I will also try to commit a one-time update for Counterize II with the changes I made for Counterize III so that version II users can benefit of the changes. But that will require patience as I have to write an upgrade script. After that, the two products will begin to differ.
Changes for the initial release will include:
- Updated browser definitions (Chrome for example)
- Updated OS recognition (Windows Vista, 7, 8, 32 and 64 bits versions of Windows and Linux...)
- Cleaned code
- Picture for unknown OS and browsers, and for Chrome
- Correction of a database issue which prevent the browsers icons to be displayed
- WordPress 3.x.x 100% compatibility
I will try to make an upgrade script so that version II users can keep their statistics if they want to move to version III.
With many thanks to Steffen Forkmann for letting me continue the development.