Support » Plugin: Nav Menu Roles » could not update de language files in multisite

  • Hi guys,

    Nav Menu Roles cant update “de” languages, got “PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature” error, please fix it.
    Thanks
    Tom Fischer

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The same problem in my sites

    Got the same for “se” lang

    Wonder if this is due to plugins zip for lang as I get same error I try to install other plugins?? Can it be a bug in WP version 4.7or something due to the upload folder??

    Andreas

    (@lacproduction)

    The same problem in my multisite installation!

    Plugin Author helgatheviking

    (@helgatheviking)

    Are you referring to the language packs? While I still have some language files hanging on, the language packs come directly from translate.wordpress.org, so I’m not sure what I can fix. As far as I can tell that error means a zip file is corrupt. Can you try to download the language pack manually?

    Hi,

    got the same error message on all kind of installations (normal wp and multisite).
    The plugin entry then shows up the new version number anyway.
    Obviously all new navrole files are on the server though there is still the message about the “need for actualisation of translation files”.

    Of course I’ve tried to reinstall manually. The message is still there and if I try to actualise I’m getting the same error message.

    Other plugin updates didn’t show that message so the cause shouldn’t be wp4.7 alone.

    regards,
    Bernd

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  bernd999.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by  bernd999.

    Hi, got the same error message.
    It is caused by Nav Menu Roles. I found out when uninstalling Nav Menu role wp-updates and new plugin installations came without error. If the Nav menu role is installed (whether enabled or not), all other plugins receive the error message “PCLIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10): Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature” when installing or updating
    WP4.7

    Regards,
    Wolfgang

    Plugin Author helgatheviking

    (@helgatheviking)

    The bad news is that I don’t have any idea what that error means. I just pushed a new version with a couple of changes. Hopefully that triggers a rebuild in the WordPress system, but I’ve reached out to some higher-ups to see if someone can help us.

    thank you, i hope somone can help because i love your plugin – it’s brilliant 🙂

    Looks like i got the same here too. The error message I get is the following:

    Updating translations for Nav Menu Roles (de_DE)…

    The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

    I uninstalled the plugin, did a new install from the plugins, as well as downloading the plugin and uploading the unzipped files.

    Nav Menu Roles are working nicely, but still keep getting this nagging message. The same still happens after updating to Version 1.8.6

    hopefully this glitch can somehow get fixed as this is an excellent plugin 🙂

    Andreas

    (@lacproduction)

    Don’t worry about, Helga!
    The plugin works and that’s important.
    You or someone here will find a solution!
    I like your plugin too.
    Wish you a stress-free christmas time!

    Hi there. I have the same issue:
    Nav Menu Roles cant update “de” languages, got “PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature”

    Plugin Author helgatheviking

    (@helgatheviking)

    Everyone, I’m in touch with the WordPress plugin team and they are working to rebuild the language packs. They’re telling me the 1.8.6 zip is fine, so hopefully you can keep using Nav Menu Roles while we’re waiting for them to update the language packs. There’s nothing more I can do on my side. It appears this may have happened to a bunch of plugins that updated yesterday, so just hang in there.

    Thanks for looking into this. 🙂

    Looks like this worked – the message has disappeared and everything is working fine.

    Regardless this Language issues, I can confirm that your plugin kept working fine all the time. It must have just been this minor issue with the rebuild of those language packs. 🙂

    Plugin Author helgatheviking

    (@helgatheviking)

    The WP folks made a change that is at least stopping an “update” message from appearing for the language packs. The language packs have yet to be re-built, but the person in charge of that will hopefully look into it tomorrow.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • The topic ‘could not update de language files in multisite’ is closed to new replies.