Support » Plugin: Beehive Analytics - Google Analytics Dashboard » Could not save the changes. Please try again.

  • Resolved wpkiller

    (@wpkiller)


    Today I’ve upgraded from 3.2.4 to 3.2.6 and since I don’t have data shown on my site.
    So I went to the settings and tried to resave it. But i get the following.

    https://i.imgur.com/zVjwTXp.png

    I’ve tried disabling wordfence but to no avail.
    Any idea?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Thread Starter wpkiller

    (@wpkiller)

    PS: I’ve tried following the below link, but it didn’t help me.

    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/waf-conflicting-with-beehive/

    Plugin Support Patrick – WPMU DEV Support

    (@wpmudevsupport12)

    Hi @wpkiller

    I hope you are well.

    Sorry to hear you are having this issue.

    I checked the following link, and I can see the issue was related to our WPMU DEV hosting WAF, do you have any other WAF server side?

    If not, can you try to re-save the settings and check for any log on Browser Console?

    https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Tools/Browser_Console

    Let us know the result you got.
    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

    Thread Starter wpkiller

    (@wpkiller)

    I didn’t make any change on my server (mod security is off).
    Here’s the screenshot for console when trying to save changes:

    https://i.imgur.com/BpX25QA.png

    Plugin Support Patrick – WPMU DEV Support

    (@wpmudevsupport12)

    Hi @wpkiller

    Thank you for the screenshot,

    403 indeed is a forbidden status.
    https://httpstatuses.com/403

    Would it be possible to enable the debug mode by editing the wp-config.php?

    Replace the line where it says:

    define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);

    To define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, true);

    And then just below it adds the following lines:

    // Tell WordPress to log everything to /wp-content/debug.log
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_LOG’, true);

    // Turn off the display of error messages on your site
    define(‘WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY’, false);

    // For good measure, you can also add the follow code, which will hide errors from being displayed on-screen
    @ini_set(‘display_errors’, 0);

    Note, it needs to be added before the line where it says: /* That’s all, stop editing! Happy publishing. */.

    Retake the save process, and check if a log was generated on wp-content folder.

    Best Regards
    Patrick Freitas

    Thread Starter wpkiller

    (@wpkiller)

    Thank you for your reply.
    I went to the site to do just what you’ve asked for (no need to treat me like a newbie, I know my way with WordPress…) but I was surprised to see all is in place. STATS are showing and even trying to re-save works.
    Also, the 403 error is now gone from the console. And that’s without me doing anything, not even a plugin (any plugin) update.
    Can I assume it was something on your side which you’ve fixed?!

    Plugin Support Adam – WPMU DEV Support

    (@wpmudev-support8)

    Hi @wpkiller

    I’m glad to hear it’s working now but no, it wasn’t anything we did “on our side”. The 403 error that you were getting was happening on your site/server so we don’t really have any access to it and it wasn’t related to any API connection to us or anything similar.

    The 3.2.6 release that you are using is the most recent one so it wasn’t also an update that would possibly fix that.

    Due to the nature of the error I’d say that the fact it “went away on its own” suggests that

    – either there was some conflict on the site that went away after update of some other plugin or some changes on site
    – or there’s some “aggressive” caching (most likely server-side) that affected it (though that’s not very likely to cause 403; not impossible but very rare)
    – or… there’s some strong asset optimization (JS mainly) applied to the site and since plugin update (Beehive in this case) might sometimes cause such assets to be changed, a “stuck” set of optimized/cached asset can cause a lot of unexpected and difficult to troubleshoot issues.

    Having said that, I’m not saying for sure that this is exactly what happened but based on information from this thread I’d suspect one of these things in the first place.

    I’m glad to hear it’s working now and I think it should be fine but if this or very similar issue happens again, please update us and we’ll look into it further.

    Kind regards,
    Adam

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Could not save the changes. Please try again.’ is closed to new replies.