Corrupt zip files when exporting via PHPMyAdmin
Hi all, I thought I’d share a solution I found to a problem – just in case anyone has the same issue!
I was attempting to move a WordPress site from one host to another by copying across the files and database. When trying to export the database I found I couldn’t import it to the new hosting account. I then realised the zip file was corrupt.
I eventually found out it was in fact only the wp_postmeta and wp_post tables that were causing the issue, so I imported everything but these in the usual way.
I tried many many different recommended ways to export/import these problem tables with no luck, then I tried the following and it worked a treat!
– In PHPMyAdmin create a new table:
CREATE TABLE new_table LIKE wp_posts;
– copy the contents of your problem table in to the new one:
INSERT new_table SELECT * FROM wp_posts;
– Do this for each problem table
– Export the new tables
– Import the new tables in to the new hosting account
– Create the tables wp_posts and wp_postmeta (+ any others missing)
CREATE TABLE wp_posts LIKE new_table;
– Copy the contents across using the following code again:
INSERT wp_posts SELECT * FROM new_table;
– Do this for both tables and there you have it!
I hope this helps anyone else having issues exporting any tables 🙂
- The topic ‘Corrupt zip files when exporting via PHPMyAdmin’ is closed to new replies.