The WordPress core development team will be having an in-person meetup the week of December 12, 2011. This thread is to collect questions you have for the team (Matt Mullenweg, Ryan Boren, Jane Wells, Mark Jaquith, Peter Westwood, Andrew Ozz, Andrew Nacin, Dion Hulse, Daryl Koopersmith, Jon Cave) so that we can answer them in a series of posts/videos coming out of the meetup. Leave a comment on this thread if you have questions you’d like the team (a specific member or any/all) to answer.
- Make your questions specific whenever possible.
- If asking a code-related question, mention the relevant core file or link to an example site/plugin/theme in your question.
- Be polite, even if you’re asking about something that drives you crazy.
- Ask things we haven’t answered a million times before.
- Reply to or comment on other people’s questions; that will get in the way for this thread (and will get deleted; please respect that this thread has a different purpose than normal support threads). Just ask your own questions, please.
- Be aggressive, use profanity or a rude tone.
- Be afraid of asking a silly/dumb question. We were all newbies once.
We’ll try to answer as many questions as we can, and will come back and leave replies with links to the posts or videos where we answered the question after the meetup.
- The topic ‘Core Dev Team Meetup Q&A’ is closed to new replies.