[Resolved] Copyright Symbol & Year Missing
In the area where the copyright should be, the title of my website is the only thing that shows up. Should the copyright symbol and the current year appear automatically or do I need to edit the code? I’ve looked at the Footer.php file and the relevant code for the copyright item looks like a function. Please help.
Nevermind. I figured it out. I just typed the text I needed after “<span class=”blog-desc”>” and got rid of the get title php function.
I’m glad you’ve managed to figure out how to update to the current year.
I have the same issue and am at a loss as to how to do the same…
Could you make it really simple for me please… (lol)
The only way I was able to get what I wanted was to remove the title function in the footer.php file. I’ll try to guide you and I’m sure you’ll find it.
1) find the “Appearance” menu on the left-hand side of your WP dashboard and click “Appearance” to open the menu.
2) click on “Editor” within the “Appearance” menu. You should see on the right-hand side a list of the files that comprise the “Blackbird” theme template.
3) In the list of files, click on “Footer (footer.php)”. You’ll see code for the Footer area to the left of the list of files.
4) Scroll down through the code and look for the line of code “<span class=”blog-desc”>”. That line of code is several lines below the line of code “<!–End Footer–>”.
5) Copy and highlight the code line or lines just after “<span class=”blog-desc”>” and before the line of code “<?php echo get_bloginfo(‘description’); ?>”. Paste them into a notepad or word file and save the file just in case you want the original code from some reason in the future. I haven’t needed it, but I’m a bit paranoid.
6)Now delete the code line or lines that you’ve just saved.
7)Now, in the same place that you removed that bit of code, type in your copyright text. I typed in “Copyright ©2013 The Review”.
So to show you the line before the typed text and the line under the typed text, in addition to the typed text, you should have the following (with your own website title, of course):
Copyright ©2013 The Review
<?php echo get_bloginfo(‘description’); ?>
Now just hit “Update File” to make the change stick and it should work.
Hi there Michelewoo,
Many, many thanks for that.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Copyright Symbol & Year Missing’ is closed to new replies.