I can’t get into my WordPress account!
I get to my login page:
http://www.detworkingwriters.org/wp-login.php, enter my ID and Password, and get a pink box that says “Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.”
I have tried three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE) and two separate computers. Same thing.
Have you tried:
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
What version of WordPress are you using?
I cannot log in to the back end to make any of the changes you suggest.
When I go to my login URL:
http://www.detworkingwriters.org/wp-login.php I get a pink box that says
“Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.”
I have tried three different browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE) and two separate computers. Same thing – I can’t get into the account to make any changes at all.
– switching to the default theme by renaming your current theme’s folder inside wp-content/themes and adding “-old” to the end of the folder name using FTP or whatever file management application your host provides.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or phpMyAdmin.
And you still haven’t indicated which version of WordPress you are using.
I can’t tell you which version of WordPress is being used because I can’t get into it to find anything.
The site is hosted by iPower. I went into the WP-contents file and simply deleted the gridliculous file as that was the theme that apparently was causing the problem. There was no option for me to rename it.
iPower has been no help at all.
Hi Esmi –
apparently it took a bit for the change to occur when I deleted the Grilicious theme… because suddenly, now, I am able to log in to WordPress again.
It is WP 3.7.1 —
and I will just start over with a different theme.
Hopefully I can get it up and running in a day or two.
Should I still turn off all my plugins and start over there, too?
- The topic ‘"cookies turned off" message when they are NOT’ is closed to new replies.