[Resolved] "Cookies are blocked or not supported" since update to 3.7.1
Since updating WP to 3.7.1, when users attempt to login to my WP site, they receive an error message:
“Cookies are blocked or not supported by your browser. You must enable cookies to use WordPress.”
Cookies are enabled. Never had the message before, site is unchanged since 3.7, and with cookies enabled in all browsers, you still see the message when logging in.
I disabled themes and plugins, to no avail.
Tried the other hacks in several threads, but no cigar. All they did was produce a white screen.
Any one else experiencing this or have a suggested solution? All help is appreciated. I need to update my site with new artwork, but I can’t login to the admin screen!
Having the same issue… Too bad the other topic got closed.
After doing all of the below I still have the same problem.
– deactivating all plugins to see if this resolves the problem. If this works, re-activate the plugins one by one until you find the problematic plugin(s).
– switching to the default theme to rule out any theme-specific problems.
– resetting the plugins folder by FTP or PhpMyAdmin. Sometimes, an apparently inactive plugin can still cause problems.
– re-uploading all files & folders – except the wp-content folder and wp-config.php & root .htaccess files – from a fresh download of WordPress. Make sure that you delete the old copies of files & folder before uploading the new ones.
After disabling all themes except either Twenty10, 11 or 12 I only see a white screen. I am currently using theme “Appointment”.
Disabling all plugins makes no difference. Still the same error.
Disabling all plugins and all themes except Twentie10, 11 or 12 gives me a white screen.
Have you spoken to your hosts about this? Or checked your site’s error logs?
I cannot login, therefore I cannot check …. Is there another way?
No. WordPress cannot make any changes to site urls.
That is not what I meant. Is there another way to check the url setting, as I cannot use the admin screen to access Settings => general.
Is there another way to check the url setting, as I cannot use the admin screen to access Settings => general.
As I said above, no. Well, not unless you start looking through the wp_options table of your database. But I would strongly advise against making any changes yourself in the database as the urls may be stored in serialized form in some places. Failure to change all occurrence – including the serialized ones – could stop the site in its tracks.
Have you tried using another browser? Another computer?
- The topic ‘[Resolved] "Cookies are blocked or not supported" since update to 3.7.1’ is closed to new replies.