I ran a test update of my blog on a backup copy on my desktop box, and all went well. I was able to configure stuff, write posts, edit posts, comment, etc... So I though "what the hell, try updating my server..." And, I hit some minor issues that appear to be related to cookies.
Using Safari on MacOSX 10.4.3, I can log into the wp-admin side of things, and view/manage options etc... But once I edit a page, I get kicked out with an invalid header message in the browser.
It appears to be related to the dbx-postmeta cookie - if I delete that, I can access wp-admin pages again. But I can't save edits to any post, assuming it's creating that cookie and causing my browser to barf. I get an error message that starts:
"Bad request: Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Request header field is missing colon separator"
Curiously, Firefox is able to chew right through it, and I can post/edit from it with no problems. Not sure what might be different about Safari's handling of the cookies...
I did a brief writeup on my blog at: