• Resolved bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)


    Hello everyone,

    Following an update of your plugin and Polylang I have this problem in the definition of cookies.
    Having updated them together, I do not know as a result of which update what I am going to expose happened (It was all correct before and it worked correctly).

    If in the “cookie description” I define Purpose and choose, for example, “Functional” in the “cookies in Italian” window, then going to change in the “cookies in english” window the setting is lost and shows “select a purpose”. And viceversa.
    If I define a function in Italian by going to the English configuration, Italian has been changed. And viceversa.
    In practice, whatever it does in one language is reflected in the other and it is not possible to differentiate.
    I specify that the site is in two languages, Italian and English and that I use Polylang as a language plugin and the string translations have not been touched and everything was working fine before.
    In the banner the translations are still correct, as well as in the [cmplz-manage-consent] everything is ok.
    The problem is in the [cmplz-cookies] and therefore in the settings in the wizard related to “cookie description”.

    I specify that I use a custom cookie policy and that I manually define the cookies in use.

    Do you have an idea how it can be solved?

    Thanks in advance!

    Francus

    • This topic was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by bosendorfer.
Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Thread Starter bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)

    I add a few details that may perhaps help the investigation.

    For all pre-existing cookies there are no problems, the differentiation between the two languages ​​has been maintained correctly.

    Only with the cookies that I add, or by editing a cookie already present, the issue shows itself: expiration, cookie function and purpose defined in one language are modified in the other language in the same way.

    Hope it can help to understand.

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by bosendorfer.
    Plugin Contributor jarnovos

    (@jarnovos)

    Hi @bosendorfer,

    Thank you for providing a detailed description of the issue.

    I have referred this to the developers for further inspection, and will get back to you if there are any further updates about this.

    Kind regards,
    Jarno

    Thread Starter bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)

    Hi @jarnovos

    Thanks for your kind reply.
    I hope a solution will be found because in this way the plugin is obviously unusable in multilingual sites that use Polylang.

    Thanks again.

    Have a nice day

    Francus

    Plugin Author Rogier Lankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    Hi @bosendorfer,

    This still works fine with WPML, but about a year ago a condition was added to exclude string translations for Polylang, because Polylang does not support context in the translation: it cannot distinguish between the same strings from different filenames. This causes issues with translations.

    As far as I know the issues only occurred with the purposes, so I’ve limited the conditions to the purposes.

    You can test this branch:
    https://github.com/Really-Simple-Plugins/complianz-gdpr/tree/limit-translation-condition-polylang-to-purpose

    We will be testing this as well, to see if any problems result from the issue in Polylang.

    Thread Starter bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)

    Hi @rogierlankhorst thanks for the reply.
    Honestly, I did not understand all of your post despite having read it several times, obviously due to my ignorance on the subject.
    I just can tell you that before this update there were no problems with the translations.
    I tried to install the version you indicated in a local repository for test but I see that it does not overwrite the previous one and I have two plugins installed, do I have to uninstall the old one before installing the new one and configure it from the beginning?

    Thank you very much,

    Francus

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by bosendorfer.
    Plugin Contributor Aert Hulsebos

    (@aahulsebos)

    Hi @bosendorfer,

    You can uninstall the old one and install this one, all settings will remain.

    regards Aert

    Thread Starter bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)

    Hi @aahulsebos,

    I uninstalled the plugin and installed the version @rogierlankhorst indicated. The settings have actually been kept as you told me.
    But unfortunately it acts in the same way: if I change something in one language it is changed in the same way in the other too.

    Thank you for your help

    Best regards

    Francus

    Plugin Author Rogier Lankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    Thread Starter bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)

    Hi @rogierlankhorst,

    I can define purpose, expiration and function differently for the two languages ​​and it’s ok.

    Do you think these fix will be introduced in future versions of the official plugin or will it remain a branch on its own?

    Thank you very much

    Francus`

    • This reply was modified 2 years, 3 months ago by bosendorfer.
    Plugin Author Rogier Lankhorst

    (@rogierlankhorst)

    Thanks for confirming, I expect we can merge it in one of the upcoming version, please keep an eye on the changelog to make sure it’s merged.

    We’ll have to test with several configurations to ensure nothing breaks. If all is ok, it will get merged.

    Thread Starter bosendorfer

    (@bosendorfer)

    Hi @rogierlankhorst,

    Thank you very much, I will check the changelog of the next releases.

    Best regards

    Francus`

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Cookie description and Polylang’ is closed to new replies.