Hi, when you click on an event on the frontend you will notice the content move too much to the top of the page, it doesn’t align properly.
Please, can you help me with some code to fix this issue?
Thanks for your support.
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
Does it align correctly if you test with the default WordPress theme?
Yes, I have tried other different themes.
This is probably a theme problem, but what do you have set for “Single event page format” under Events > Settings > Formatting > Events?
<div style=”float:right; margin:0px 0px 15px 15px;”>#_LOCATIONMAP</div>
Date(s) – #_EVENTDATES<br /><i>#_EVENTTIMES</i>
<br style=”clear:both” />
Do you have a plugin that’s adding featured thumbnails to posts / pages? Or maybe your theme does? There seems to be misformed image code that’s causing the “Sample event” text near the top of the page.
Have you tried adding a featured image to the event? I think that might solve the padding / margin problem.
Please, how can i add the feature image?
Thanks for your help
On the Add / Edit Event page, use the Featured Image panel in the column on the right.
sorry we can’t go into your install in the free support forums, nor should you post admin details for the world to see, you should change it to prevent getting hacked.
@mahwash Your site is about to be hacked if it’s not already. NEVER put user IDs and password on a website again.
Marcus is correct. It would be very bad if he accepted your offer to log into your site. That’s going too far and isn’t permitted.
Mainly because it’s not safe and not necessary.
There are many ways to get information you need and accessing the user’s site is not one of them. That’s going too far.
- Ask for a link to the http://pasetbin.com/ log of the user’s web server error log.
- Ask the user to create and post a link to their
- Ask the user to install the Send System Info plugin and get the data that way.
- Walk the user through enabling WP_DEBUG and how to log that output to a file and how to share that file.
- Walk the user through basic troubleshooting steps such and disabling all other plugins except yours, switch to the Twenty Fifteen theme, clear their cache and cookies and try again.
- Ask the user for the step-by-step on how they can reproduce the problem.
You get the idea.
Volunteer support is not easy. But these forums need to a safe place for all users, experienced or new. Accessing their system that way is a short cut that will get you into real trouble in these forums.
I think the problem is caused by your theme. It seems to be trying to display featured images automatically at the top of the page but isn’t doing it right.
I think you’ll need to contact your theme developer or edit the theme template to remove any code related to featured images.
If you’re displaying events as posts, you can make a copy of single.php and name it single-event.php so that you have a template only used for events.
To show the featured image on the single events page, just include the #_EVENTIMAGE placeholder within “Single event page format”.
- The topic ‘Content layout issue on a page’ is closed to new replies.