In an attempt to further optimize my website, I installed the W3 Total Cache plugin and enabled it. Immediately afterward I began seeing double entries in my logs for pages that also make use of the Contact Form 7 plugin. As you can see in the log sample below, it’s pulling the page up then pulling it up again with an extension on it:
* 16:40:24 ->/bgp/graphic-design-portfolio/
* 16:40:32 ->/bgp/graphic-design-portfolio/?_wpcf7_is_ajax_call=1&_wpcf7=3
* 16:40:59 ->/bgp/graphic-design-portfolio/
* 16:41:02 ->/bgp/graphic-design-portfolio/?_wpcf7_is_ajax_call=1&_wpcf7=3
* 16:46:34 ->/bgp/graphic-design-portfolio/
* 16:46:39 ->/bgp/graphic-design-portfolio/?_wpcf7_is_ajax_call=1&_wpcf7=3
After I disabled W3 Total Cache the double hits have continued to appear. I’m wondering about the following:
1) What is causing this?
2) Is there a setting I can adjust to make it stop?
3) Will it negatively affect the SEO I’ve done to my site because it may be construed as duplicate data?
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!
- The topic ‘Contact Form 7 and W3 Total Cache compatibility’ is closed to new replies.