Getting frequent Process errors – max reached
I’m having some issues with frequent processing areas on my site. Every now and then I used to get the “maximum number of processes reached” error message – which wasn’t a big deal, I would refresh and never be torubled for more than a minute or so. But in the last 4 or 5 days I’ve been getting this error a lot, and it can lock me out for 10 or 15 mins at a time.
I have a process limit of 4 on my site which was put into place more than a year ago, but only until the last couple of days have I started having issues with it on a daily basis – even just trying to open the new post screen or add a new user.
I understand that the limit can be reached when running a heap of plugins at once (which I don’t do anyway) and this error will pop up from time to time, but what I don’t know is why this is now happening so frequently when all I’m doing is trying to open up a post or simple back end features that I use everyday.
Does anyone have any solutions to avoid this happening? Because at the moment I’m really struggling to even add new posts!
I’d suggest that you have a word with your hosts about this. They will have access to logs that might indicate where the excess usage is coming from.
Hey Esmi, thanks for your reply.
I got in touch with my host and this was there reply – but I’m still not 100% sure what I should do.
“We noticed that most of your traffic is coming from StumbleUpon visitors. We highly recommend that you convert the pages that you submit to StumbleUpon into static content. This will solve the problem with the high load.”
I haven’t even used stumbleupon in 6 months.. so I have no idea why this is causing an issue now.
They also said this:
Unfortunately, a limit of four simultaneously running processes is not comfortable for sites with many plugins and remote server connections. When the processes were less than four, we were able to open the Users and OIOpublisher Ad Manager screens with no problems. However, the WordPress Stats plugin is powered by WordPress’ own API. For the last couple of days, we have seen multiple reports of connectivity issues between our servers and third-party services, including WordPress.org. However, there is no packet loss between the IP address that handles the requests on their site, and we see no server-side reason on our end for the problems.
I haven’t even used stumbleupon in 6 months
You need to ask your hosts to clarify is this is just general web traffic from older stumbleupon links.
As to the last quote, I think they have some kind of issue connecting to WP. It’s certainly not some kind of widespread issue (as they seem to imply).
- The topic ‘Getting frequent Process errors – max reached’ is closed to new replies.