Backround information: I purchased a domain name and web hosting from Godaddy.com.
I have installed Word Press and have been able to access the login and blog there. However, I fear that there is no connection between my WordPress and my domain name (www.VeritasRedux.com). For instance, I can only access my blog via “htt://localhost/wordpress” and not via “www.veritasredux.com”. Here are the exact steps that I took during installation (following some detailed instructions offered on a certain site):
1. Downloaded WordPress
2. Downloaded xampp (to C:\ProgramFiles\xampp)
3. Created a database
4. Edited wp-config-sample and saved it as wp-config
5. Then uploaded the wordpress folder (to C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\wordpress)
6. Launched install in wp-admin
7. Completed installation
And here I am, with no connection between my “httP:\\localhost\wordpress” and “veritasredux.com”. Was I supposed to upload the WordPress files to http://ftp.veritasredux.com? Or perhaps all of the Xampp files?
- The topic ‘Connecting WordPress to my Domain’ is closed to new replies.