I apologize in advance for asking what I suppose is a common question. I [have] searched for answers to this and other problems to the point of total frustration. Little did I know that setting up a website for the first time would be so difficult. I started a webpage using Justhost. I would gladly start that over from scratch to begin with a blank slate if I knew how.
Anyway, at https://cx97.justhost.com:2083/frontend/x3/fantastico/autoinstallhome.php?app=WordPress I clicked on New Installation to download WordPress for the first time. I put in all the info asked for here: https://cx97.justhost.com:2083/frontend/x3/fantastico/autoinstallwordpress.php When I clicked on Install WordPress I got the following message:
The installation cannot be completed:
– You chose to install in the main directory of the domain iowatom.com, but there are conflicting filenames, therefore we cannot proceed. Following filenames already exist in the main directory of the domain iowatom.com (path=”/home/iowatom1/public_html/”).You must manually remove these files before proceeding with auto-installation:
Click on the browser’s Back button to fix reported errors.
Fantastico shows error ‘You cannot install more than one script in the root directory of a domain’
If there is no script installed in the root for your domain name but you still get this message it means that a previously installed script was not properly removed. In order to solve this issue you should follow these steps:
1. Log in cPanel and click on File Manager;
2. Navigate to .fantasticodata in your Home Directory;
3. Delete the file installed_in_root.php.
This will ensure there is no Fantastico information remaining from previous installations.
I have found the File Manager but cannot find fantasticodata anywhere.
Any help will be appreciated.
- The topic ‘Conflicting Filenames’ is closed to new replies.