Support » Plugin: W3 Total Cache » Conflict with Autoptimize

  • I am installing a new blog. Installed and configured W3TC without any issues, and configured all features like page cache, browser cache and minification, than installed Autoptimize to get Above the Fold optimization.

    After analyzing AO I decided to remove it, since it contain too many features that W3TC has,so it make no sense having them both.

    Then my problem started. From the moment I did that, minifying files stopped working, and I started getting 4XX errors – ‘Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 400 (Bad Request)’.

    Than I totally removed W3TC, verified that HTACCESS files have returned back to default, and installed again W3TC, and the problem maintained.

    Anyone got any idea how to resolve that?
    Thanks!

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Thread Starter NeoSwf

    (@neoswf)

    Thats autoptimize response for the ticket I opened on their support forum. I’ll see if the folders have stayed there.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/autoptimize-uninstallation-problems/#post-10512389

    Thread Starter NeoSwf

    (@neoswf)

    I found one folder that have not been deleted by AO inside the Cache folder. Have deleted it and tried again. Nothing. It’s still failing. Before it never failed, therefore I do not believe that the problem is with my theme.

    Any ideas?

    Ahh i see you solved the problem (via the other thread).

    Seems your problem started because you had two cachers running at the same time. That’s never a good idea. Causes unpredictable issues.

    But nonetheless, minify does work well in w3tc. I have used AO before and for me personally i have always preferred the extensive power of w3tc. To each their own though. w3tc gives a lot of control but with such control it could be overwhelming to some, especially when things break.

    Anyway, glad you got it working and/or you moved to AO.

    Have a good one!

    Thread Starter NeoSwf

    (@neoswf)

    Hey @fistfullofcrisco! whats up??? 🙂

    Yap, I fixed the problem by turning the Minification mode to manual. The automatic mode stopped working for me. But still it feels unsafe, since it’s hard to know the magics Minify did behind the scenes…. The results now, with the manual mode are far from the results I got with the Automatic mode.

    I have not moved yet to AO cause I like W3TC a lot. The details and control this plugin are uncomparable, and thats why I’m sad I will have to say goodbye if I wont be able to solve my problem.

    Cheers

    Thread Starter NeoSwf

    (@neoswf)

    BTW, I discovered the real cause for my issue. Minify doesn’t like Symlinks. I had one configured on my blog (assets folder).
    It broke him. There’s no problem with AO.
    https://github.com/OddOneOut/bwp-minify/issues/17#issuecomment-44542238

    • This reply was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by NeoSwf.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Conflict with Autoptimize’ is closed to new replies.