First of all, thanks for this great plugin!
I’m running the most current version of each:
- WordPress 3.5.1
- Polylang 1.0.1
- Custom Field Template 2.1
I just started using Polylang yesterday and love it. However, when I add a new translation for a post, it erases the data previously populated and saved to the original post using the Custom Field Template.
In order for it to work with CFT, I have to:
- Type and save English post
- Add and save additional translations (e.g. German and French)
- Go back to English post to populate custom field template and save again.
If I populate the custom field template prior to adding new translations, the date is erased (even after saving).
If I need to add a fourth translation (Dutch) a little later, the custom fields values are once again erased and have to be repopulated after adding the 4th translation.
It seems to work OK with Custom Field Template deactivated. I can add posts later without erasing the original custom fields values, so it must be something like the former issue some had with the Advanced Custom Fields plugin.
I use a lot of custom fields on my sites so the Custom Field Template saves me a lot of time. It would be great if both these great plugins could work together.
Thank you again for the nice plugin.
- The topic ‘Conflict: Custom Field Template – CF data erased when new translations are added’ is closed to new replies.