I just if it’s possible to make a table for a computer specifications like the one in the like below.
It needs to show it in grouped items for instance:
Processor(main section) then underneath processor type, model ,clock speed,cache etc.
And the same for the motherboard and RAMs and every other spec of the PC.
Is this a thing i can accomplish with this plugin?
This is exactly how this plugin is designed.
Yes you can created such tables with the plugin
Great, i love this, i hope it work for my website.
I have been looking for such a thing for weeks.
Just a few questions,bare with me please.
-Is there a limit number of groups in one specification (for instance processor group)?
– i am not a developer, but if i want to change css, just add the simple code at the additional css section under customize section?
– the demo link in gethub is not working, will you provide me one please?
– my website is going to be in dutch language, is the plugin translatatble?
Hope it’s useful for you.
– No there is no limit in number of groups you can create
– Depends if your theme supports customization, if it didn’t work, there are tons of plugins out there that allow you to add custom css to your site.
– We don’t have a live demo at the moment, but we will launch a new one as soon as possible, creating tables is really straightforward , just follow the steps in the plugin’s FAQ section
– Yes it is translatable, although no one has translated it into dutch yet, but you won’t see any english text in front-end i guess, it’s just a table of specs, no additional texts.
Thanks for replying really fast, i like it.
So can i try the app to see if it fits with my theme and plugins?
Is the plugin for free or should be paid for? If not, how much does it cost?
It is free.
If you’re not familiar with wordpress, here’s how you can install the plugin:
– go to your wp-admin dashboard
– go to plugins > install
– search “product specifications”
– find our plugin in the search result and click install and then “activate”
Alternativly you can download the plugin and under plugins > install click on upload, choose the plugin zip file and install it.
In the FAQ section you can see steps of how you can work with the plugin
One last question.
What is the best way to add all data of the product in wordpress?
What I mean is: for instance a laptop has a tons of specifications, for the screen and the hardware so do I need to make these specs and sub-specs in attributes or something like that? Please excuse my ignorance but I am new to this all but trying to do my best.
Right now the easiest way to define specifications tables is to use this plugin and create some pre-defined tables for different types of products (e.g one table for laptops, one for cell-phones, or any other kind of products even for computer pieces like rams, cpus, ssd drives, external hards if you sell those individually ) and assign attributes to tables you created, you can also have default values for attributes, this way your tables are pre-filled with a value that most of your products may have it in common.
We are working on the plugin to make a better and easier UX for it, any suggestion is welcome.
Let me be more clear about this, for the screen options of a laptop we have the following:
Hd type = full HD
Led light = no
Resolution = 1920×1080 pixels
So do I need to make an attribute to each one of these? Or there is another way doing it because each one the these has a name and a value.
Yes, you need to create an attribute for each one of them.
try it on a site, it’s really straightforward
I appreciate your help, I will try it.
It’s just what confusing me is there will be two kind of titles, one for the main spec e.g audio, screen, ram etc but under each one of these there will be another title with it’s own value e.g under audio I have :
Builtin mic: yes
Audio system : Dolby etc..
So I make an attribute name audio but then how do I make that sub-attribute name with it’s own value… it’s a bit confusing for me but it seems to be an attribute inside an attribute.
I know this is not your plugin but I really need help to understand how to make it work correctly.
What I want to do is to make one product data in wordpress with it’s info e.g laptop and for e.g desktops another one then I will export the file as csv file and fill all the pre-made fields in the csv file and when it’s all filled up all i need to do is to import the whole file again to wordpress.
In your example audio is not an attribute it’s a “Group”
Built-in mic: yes (attribute)
Audio system : Dolby (attribute)
Do I make the groups inside your plugin or inside product page?
I love you man 🙂
Now it’s all clear to me…
Thank you very much.
- The topic ‘Computer specifications option…’ is closed to new replies.