COMPLICATED issue with URL
Firstly, I know it was stupid, I had 2 hours sleep and I wasn’t thinking straight.
I went to add a www in the general settings url section. I noticed that instead of my url being [ redundant link removed ] there was an extra suffix after the opals. It was something like
http://lopa-opals.something.com.au, thing is, I can’t remember what the suffix was and I deleted.
Here’s what makes it complicated (to me):
1. My domain was bought through GoDaddy
2. My hosting’s through Hostinger
3. Working on this through wordpress, have the simple SLS plugin installed, I think it’s called, if that makes any difference
4. I hadn’t pointed my hosting to the wordpress version of my website yet because i was using a shopify free trial to get it up and running quicker with the idea to transfer it in a few days when it was ready, BUT I had hooked up my domain to the page, just not pointed it
Now nothing works. I tried going to Hostinger and pointing it to the website properly, checked phpMyAdmin and my url and home are
http://www.lopa-opals.com.auso i’m guessing i’m supposed to point it back to the original suffix, but what is it?! I don’t know why it changed the url in the first place, is it cause it was a preview page?
Been working on this for hours, all of this could’ve been avoided if i just noted down the original url before i changed it, i can’t believe i did this.
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
- The topic ‘COMPLICATED issue with URL’ is closed to new replies.