I'm building this site for a pension fund with three types of content:
1. general content for non-logged in users
2. restricted content for 3 user groups (current employees, ex-emplyees and pensionado's) and
3. individual content (for every user his own private pension data).
So what I want is for a user to be able to login to content for his group, and beyond that to be able to reach his own personal content.
I a making sense?
So I went and combined three plugins:
- WP-members for general login
- User Role Editor to create roles for "current", "ex" and "pensionado" and
- User Specific Content to allow a user by user name to view specific page content.
Took me a long time but it works. Downside is I have to be really careful with placing content, let alone have anyone else but me do that.
I am sure there has to be a less complicated solution. Maybe with multisite? Is there a way to redirect a user to his personal site, and at the same time give him acces to general content?
I have about 400 users.