I use Jetpack Comments along with WordPress Comments. I have WordPress 2016 theme. I followed the directions in your “Comments in WordPress” document in support in wordpress.org to set up comments and make the comment box show beneath posts – to no avail.
No comment box shows under any of my posts. The comment box does show on my Comments Guidelines page, but only on my desktop website, not my mobile website.
In the Jetpack settings, I have these things enabled:
* Let visitors use a WordPress.com, Twitter, Facebook, or Google account to comment.
* Enable pop-up business cards over commenters’ Gravatars.
* Enable comment likes.
* Let visitors subscribe to new posts and comments via email
* Enable the “subscribe to site” option on your comment form
* Enable the “subscribe to comments” option on your comment form
In the WordPress settings- discussion, I don’t have the following checked because I saw a note that the comment form wouldn’t show if I checked it: Users must be registered and logged in to comment. So again, it’s not checked, but I still don’t have comment boxes after my posts.
To try to remedy the problem, I have turned off the settings in Jetpack that I mentioned above, and I still don’t get comment boxes beneath my posts, but I still get the comment box on my Comments Guideline page on my desktop website.
1. How do I get comment boxes to show under my posts?
2. And, how do I get the comment boxes to show on my mobile website? I use WPtouch Pro for my mobile website. On the Comments Guidelines page on my mobile website, the comment box doesn’t appear (even though it appears on that page on my desktop website). And no comment boxes appear under posts on my mobile website.
Thank you for your help.
The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]
- The topic ‘Comment box not showing beneath posts’ is closed to new replies.