The Sell Media plugin is the first attempt by anyone to create a free plugin for WordPress in order to turn your WordPress blog into a stock/microstock photo site to rival the best. What I like about the plugin is the ease in which it integrates with WordPress. I’m not an expert on ecommerce sites on WordPress, but I’ve tried WooCommerce and it seems way too advanced and more set-up to cope with hard products and not soft media.
Good things about Sell Media Plugin
– When you upload a batch of media files, it is easy to turn them in to products for sale just by checking the Sell Media box.
– Clean design
– Allows quickly to organise media for sale into different Collections by way of the bulk edit command.
– Allows for multiple Licence types easily by way of a multiplication factor on products.
– Allows for the sale of not only photos but video etc.
Improvements to be made (personal opinion)
– It might just be me, but there are still some bugs around like the Advanced Search plugin is stuck on my test site
– On my test site, the shortcode isn’t working in widgets.
– There does not seem to be automatic support for selling image files of different resolutions. This would have to be done prior to upload by the user (I guess this isn’t a big deal).
– When I uploaded an mp4 video, not thumbnail was created and an error message received.
All in all though I think this plugin will be a great contender to other paid options that are out there, plus the fact that the developers are keen to hear from anyone testing the plugin (I’m having a Skype meeting with the developers this week).
Good work guys!
- The topic ‘Coming along nicely’ is closed to new replies.