Just trying to get my head around the column layout snippet and would be grateful for a couple of points of clarification:
1. How does this work on pages where there is already a sidebar? Does the sidebar take up 3 of the 12 spans, leaving just 9 spans to divide into columns, 3 columns of 3 spans each?
2. Can I use this multi-column layout inside a div on a page where say the top half is full-width, single column layout plus a sidebar (ie one of the Customizr default layouts) – and the bottom half of the page is a multi-column div containing, say 3 columns, plus the sidebar?
3. Would I be right in thinking that the individual span divs will always position themselves in the first available position on the left of the page unless an offset is specified? In other words, if I declare 2 x span3 divs in the same row-fluid div, they will automatically position side by side in the left half of the page, assuming it is empty?
4. Is there any padding automatically applied between span divs or can I position them anywhere I like with CSS?
5. If I can use CSS and floats to achieve the same result without using the Bootstrap grid system, what are the advantages of the latter?
Thanks for any help.
- The topic ‘Column layout via spans’ is closed to new replies.