I’m browsing various plugins that add useful features that WooCommerce is lacking and I think it’s a waste of time to put something like this plugin in this repository.
Here’s what I think:
– 3 MB for a quick view plugin? Seriously?
– 230 files? Max number of files for this kind of plugin is 5 in my opinion.
– Don’t pack me this: codemirror, raster images, everything in metaboxes folder, many more useless libraries that don’t belong to the core purpose of this plugin (basically 95% of the code you included is not necessary)
– The MO files are named incorrectly. Should be it_IT.mo and es_ES.mo.
– The content of enqueue_styles_scripts method is questionable. Why not using “add inline styles” function? Actually, all these styling options could easily be removed and you could just provide default grayscale styling and for those who need more dedicate a page in the documentation that would outline custom CSS. Using these styling options vs copying CSS code into Jetpack’s custom CSS field is the same time and effort.
– There are many more such small issues like the one above, you could remove most functions. At least the plugin works but when I see this mess I suspect that it may come with serious speed and security issues.
– It could have AJAX cart button by the way.
Thank you for your attention, the above advice is good, I’m looking forward to a response and correctly made quick view plugin if you’ll be doing it.
- The topic ‘Code quality of this plugin’ is closed to new replies.