Support » Plugin: Page Builder Gutenberg Blocks – CoBlocks » Coblocks maxes out CPU, Physical Memory, and I/O usage

  • When updating pages and posts utilising post or masonry blocks CPU, Physical Memory, and or I/O usage get maxed out and brings down the website. When I deactivate the plugin the pages have no problems. I would prefer to use the plugin, because it displays content wonderfully, but it’s such a shame it’s causing this debilitating issue. Does anyone have this problem?

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author JR Tashjian

    (@jrtashjian)

    Hey @baokhangluu,

    Thank you for submitting this issue. I have a number of questions that need answers in order to debug further:

    – What browser and version you are using?
    – What is the version of CoBlocks you have active?
    – Are you using the Gutenberg plugin and if so, which version?
    – Are you experiencing this usage on your personal computer or the actual web server?
    – What processes are maxing out CPU, Mem, and I/O?

    – What browser and version you are using?
    Mac Safari Version 13.1
    Mac Chrome Version 80.0.3987.163
    – What is the version of CoBlocks you have active?
    Version 1.23.0
    – Are you using the Gutenberg plugin and if so, which version?
    no
    – Are you experiencing this usage on your personal computer or the actual web server?
    web server
    – What processes are maxing out CPU, Mem, and I/O?
    CPU usage max out when updating CoBlocks masonry block. This happens inconsistently.
    Physical Memory, and I/O usage max out when updating changes to CoBlocks post block. The less posts used in the block the less time it takes for Physical Memory and I/O to return to normal levels. At around 12 posts wordpress may give an error “Updating failed. The response is not a valid JSON response.” and browsers will give an error “Service Unavailable- The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later. Additionally, a 503 Service Unavailable error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Merely adjusting (not updating ) the “number of posts” setting in the block editor increases the CPU usage, increasing or decrease 2-16 posts.
    When I remove the post block Physical Memory, I/O, CPU levels return to normal.

    I spent all morning forcing the errors again to answer your questions. I hope it helps!

    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by baokhangluu.
Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Coblocks maxes out CPU, Physical Memory, and I/O usage’ is closed to new replies.