Clone a blog?
I have 3.0 beta installed in the multi user mode and it works fine thanks to all the good help here!
What I need is to clone a blog (or a site as it is called in 3.0). I want to set up a blog with a template, customize the template settings, and add the widgets so it has a unique look. It would have no pages or posts I am just looking to clone it to use it for new blogs so I won’t have to manually change the settings, widgets, etc.
I have tried a couple of existing plug ins and they do some of what I want but not all:
1. Default Blog – Will copy the template of the blog (or site) you list as default but does not copy over any of the widgets or settings. Not much use if I have to manually configure all the setings.
2. Blog Templates – This would not work with 3.0 beta. It returned an error in the code on line 411 when I tried to activate it. This one sounds like it would do what I wanted but it didn’t work. I realize it was made for MU and not 3.0 so I am not complaining, just stating it did not work for me on 3.0.
3. Bulk Create Blogs – Seems this is more to create multiple blogs at one time by importing a file with posts and pages.
4. New Blog Defaults – This one will do some of what I want but won’t do the widgets. I am looking to to customize a blog and then use it over and over to start new blogs that look like it and have the same settings (of course the content which will be added manually will be different)
So any other ideas? I do appreciate any help I can get.
- The topic ‘Clone a blog?’ is closed to new replies.