Support » Plugin: Jetpack by WordPress.com » Clicks to external site is not counting at stats

  • Resolved capturetheatlas

    (@capturetheatlas)


    Hi,

    I usually have 20 clicks per day to an external website and now that website is not showing on our click report. Actually, all the stats for that website have disappeared.

    They are affiliation links and I would like to know why they are not showing anymore.

    Thanks for your help.

    Ascen.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Plugin Support supernovia

    (@supernovia)

    Hi Ascen, could you confirm which site you’re having trouble with? I’m seeing stats and clicks today for the one listed.

    Plugin Support supernovia

    (@supernovia)

    Noting if that is the correct site and you’re still not seeing stats, please try deleting Jetpack specifically from the Plugins section of your blog’s Dashboard: https://jetpack.com/support/reconnecting-reinstalling-jetpack/#reinstalling-jetpack

    This will clear out Jetpack’s settings, and it should work properly after a reinstall.

    Hi supernovia,

    My website is capturetheatlas.com and I am trying to see that there is from my website to heymondo.es.

    I used to have like 20 clicks per day from my website to that website and now there is not any click even when I try to click for example from this url where you can see the link under the anchor text MONDO: /es/mejor-seguro-de-viaje/

    Thanks for checking,
    Ascen.

    Hi Ascen,

    Thanks and can I double check you followed the steps @supernovia listed above? If not, it would be worth doing that first to see whether it makes a difference.

    Hi, I have deactivated and deleted the jetpack plugin. Then I have installed again and no difference. I can see all the stats and clicks but no the clicks to the website heymondo.es

    Can that website block the stats? They have an affiliation program and this is why I am so interested in knowing how many people I am sending to their website.

    I could see the clicks around 2 weeks ago but suddenly it disappears, not only the clicks that we are sending now but also the click we sent in the past and I could check in jetpack stats before.

    Thanks for your help,
    Ascen.

    Plugin Contributor James Huff

    (@macmanx)

    Volunteer Moderator

    Would you please give us a link to where we can find one of these heymondo links on your site?

    you can see the link under the anchor text MONDO: /es/mejor-seguro-de-viaje/

    Thanks

    Plugin Support supernovia

    (@supernovia)

    Thanks. I am seeing clicks for the other two ads on the page, though. Are you seeing those as well?

    Plugin Contributor James Huff

    (@macmanx)

    Volunteer Moderator

    I took a look at the heymondo link, I also clicked it and it didn’t record.

    Doing some digging on this now, it appears we aren’t counting it due to these relations, which I assume are automatically included with the link to avoid SEO penalties: rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer"

    At the moment, our stats can’t be customized to change that behavior, but you may be able to get tracking through a more extensible stats solution, like https://matomo.org/ or https://analytics.google.com/analytics/

    Hi James,

    Sorry but I don’t think that is the issue because other affiliate links to other domains that are also nofollow noreferrer are tracking correctly.

    I have deleted the rel=”nofollow noreferrer” from the first link in the article mentioned before, so you can check it is still not tracking.

    Thank you very much,
    Ascen

    Hi Ascen,

    I have deleted the rel=”nofollow noreferrer” from the first link in the article mentioned before

    I’ve had another look at your site but rel="noopener noreferrer" and rel="noopener nofollow noreferrer" are still present on all three Mondo links on the Mejor Seguro page. It looks like you didn’t remove it from there?

    Hi again,

    I reviewed and I deleted the nofollow and noreferrer from the first link but when saving the rel noreferrer appear again. Anyway, I don’t think that is the problem since click to other domains are counting at the stats and also have the nofollo noreferrer rel. You can check for example at the sidebar, the banner for lucroit. It is something specific for that domain (heymondo.es)

    Could you please check?

    Thanks,
    Ascen.

    Plugin Contributor James Huff

    (@macmanx)

    Volunteer Moderator

    Hm, yeah you’re right on that. I was only 94% confident in my hunch, but yeah the other 6% wins out here.

    At this point, I recommend reaching out to us via https://jetpack.com/contact-support/?rel=support so we can take a closer look.

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.