Support » Plugin: Polylang » Clash with new version of Yoast SEO

  • Resolved udidol

    (@udidol)


    I am building a site and I installed Polylang.
    Everything was working fine multilingual-wise until I installed Yoast SEO (the newest version of both plugins).

    Once I installed Yoast, it messed something up (maybe something to do with permalinks?):
    1. The Post archive page in the main language (Hebrew) shows an error as if it did not find any posts to display
    2. The post archive page in a second language (English) leads to the 404 page.

    Nothing I change in Polylang’s URL Modification configuration seems to fix this issue. Yoast SEO’s newest version does not have any permalink controls, so it doesn’t seem I can do anything configuration-wise in Yoast to fix the situation.

    I would appreciate some help because I would like to use Polylang with Yoast. Your plugin is great (I’ve rated both plugins 5 stars of course).

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hi,

    I have both Ypast and polylany. The same problem occurs to me. When i try to load my webpage I get this error message:

    “Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/anton813/public_html/wp-content/plugins/polylang/modules/plugins/wpseo.php on line 32

    Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/anton813/public_html/wp-content/plugins/polylang/modules/plugins/wpseo.php on line 32

    Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/anton813/public_html/wp-content/plugins/polylang/modules/plugins/wpseo.php on line 32

    Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/anton813/public_html/wp-content/plugins/polylang/modules/plugins/wpseo.php:32) in /home/anton813/public_html/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1216”

    The only way to fix this is to deactivate the Yoast SEO Plugin.

    The Yoast support insists that this depends on Polylang (“The issue you’re experiencing isn’t specific to Yoast SEO. It is specific to Polylang plugin. Please, refer to the relevant plugin support for assistance. They’d be the best place to assist you.”)

    Please help.

    Many thanks in advance.

    A.

    I am glad someone opened this thread. I experienced the same problem with Polylang and Yoast SEO (got the same language as stated in Anthyx). I deactivated my Yoast SEO and everything is back to normal.

    But at the same time I also want to use my Yoast SEO back. Please help!

    Thanks!

    I also experienced this same issue except I tested the updates on a dev site before running them on the live site. I did not do the update for Yoast SEO and all is still working fine however, eventually I will have to do update Yoast SEO. It is the Yoast update that broke the compatibility so I try to post something to them also.

    Same problem

    Plugin Author Chouby

    (@chouby)

    Hi,

    Please make a search among resolved topics before creating a 5th topic on the subject.. See: https://wordpress.org/support/topic/warning-error-array/

    Thread Starter udidol

    (@udidol)

    @chouby

    The array error that @anthyx commented with on my support request is not identical to mine. Anyway, I opened up an issue in your Github and I hope it will be addressed.

    Plugin Author Chouby

    (@chouby)

    @udidol Sorry. I did not noticed as your topic was polluted by another issue.
    Thus I mark back this topic as “not resolved”.

    Plugin Support Chrystl

    (@chrystl)

    @udidol, Hello.
    I followed the steps you described just here: https://github.com/Yoast/wordpress-seo/issues/9181 but I didn’t reproduce your issue.
    Does this issue occurs with only Twenty Seventeen + Polylang 2.3.2 + Yoast 7.0.3 (the last version)? The other plugins must be deactivated.

    Could you please show me the chosen options in Settings > Readings?
    Could you please also show me your 2 Post pages in the Pages list (Pages > All Pages).
    Please provide the screenshots in the English language. And please don’t remove the left admin menu on your screenshots.

    Hello,

    I have just updated Polylang to the last version available, this successfully fixes the conflict with Yoast.

    Many many thanks!

    Thread Starter udidol

    (@udidol)

    @chrystl

    I don’t know what the problem was but I updated Polylang and it solved the issue.
    I guess it was related to other issues which you solved in the latest plugin update.

    Thank you!

    • This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by udidol.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Clash with new version of Yoast SEO’ is closed to new replies.