WordPress.org

Forums

Chrome ver. 38 mixed content error in https (7 posts)

  1. HeadMonkey
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    Hey all,

    This mixed content error has me stumped. I've tested my site in https in Firefox, I.E., Opera, Safari and Chrome. Chrome is the only browser that displays a big red X over https.

    It's whining about two font files being loaded over http, but I can't find the origin of the two font files. This is the error:

    The page at 'https://mydomain.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://vjs.zencdn.net/f/2/vjs.woff': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

    The page at 'https://mydomain.com/' was loaded over HTTPS, but ran insecure content from 'http://vjs.zencdn.net/f/2/vjs.ttf': this content should also be loaded over HTTPS.

    I've scoured my site's files, css, plugins and can't find the source. Has anyone seen and resolved this error before? Zencdn.net appears to be an Asian site and is all written in Chinese

    HeadMonkey

  2. webaware
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    G'day HeadMonkey,

    Did you include a link to your site, so that others can see the problem?

    cheers,
    Ross

  3. HeadMonkey
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    Hello Ross,

    I didn't include a link to my site because we're trying to sell a product and I didn't want to bring bad press to the site. As it turns out, Google has already indexed this post.

    I've determined in the last two days of troubleshooting, that this is a WP plugin that uses these two web fonts and this is an uncommon problem.

    I've identified that these fonts are called also when site's use a video player that uses video.js, but we aren't using video.js, we only have an embedded YouTube video in an iframe.

    The reference to these two fonts are called by an index.php file in video.js. So I think my solution is to go through every plugin's folder via ftp and search.

    If you have any other solution that may be helpful, please post.

    Thanks,

    Barry

  4. HeadMonkey
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    Hello Ross,

    If anyone else is experiencing this problem, I figured it out. The problem is being caused by the plugin - Swarmify (formerly Swarm CDN).

    I've sent an email directly from their website to their team and posted the same here on WordPress.org in their plugin's support section.

    Hopefully I can receive a quick response and get this resolved soon! I'll post back with an update.

    Barry

  5. HeadMonkey
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #


  6. HeadMonkey
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    Swarmify follow up - I must say that I'm impressed with the Swarmify support team and have to give them props.

    Within just a few minutes after contacting them via their website, I had a response. And within 30 minutes, one of their lead developers had corrected the problem.

    That's GREAT support, especially for a Saturday! I'd (highly) recommend Swarmify and their support team to anyone! This is BTW an unsolicited testimonial.

    Barry

  7. HeadMonkey
    Member
    Posted 7 months ago #

    Consider this one closed!

Reply

You must log in to post.

About this Topic

Tags

No tags yet.