I created a child theme of twentytwelve using the following in style.css:
Theme Name: WAMSA
In Appearance > Theme, the template is listed with error:
The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.
Description: Template is missing.
The codex says only a style.css file is required, which is what I have.
I uninstalled and reinstalled TwentyTwelve theme, without a change.
Why is my child theme not being recognised?
Here is what I am doing to generate this problem.
- Twenty Twelve theme is installed.
- I create a folder on my local computer, and create a style sheet style.css inside this folder.
- I place the code above into style.css, then I FTP the folder I created up into /wp-content/themes.
- When I go to Appearance > Themes, I receive the errors above.
- The topic ‘Child theme error “Template is missing”’ is closed to new replies.