We are not sure if this is since upgrading to 2.7 or 2.7.1
The problem exists with Dkret3 2.3 through 2.5.2 theme.
Problem with menus, flyout menus, fly-out menu, child menus, sub-menu they go by different names, added for search since I could not find a similar problem.
The Child menus come out under a google ad that is added to the bottom of our header. They also come out under the first widget in the sidebar. In this case also a google ad.
The site is http://www.LondonderryNH.net to see the issue, “Business Directory” is the best demonstration of the problem.
Has anyone else seen something similar or can you offer a suggested path to solve the problem?
The problem is related to the z-index order. The part of the slideshow box that overlaps the dropdown menu is displaying with a higher z-index order than the dropdown menu, thus it gets priority and displays as the top layer where they overlap.
Z-index is the order in which layers display when they overlap. It is a tricky subject. Here is a basic intro:
z-index order also gets into absolute and relative positioning.
We did add that slide show plugin at the same time as the upgrades. That would explain my assumption of the connection.
I have some test sites, when I check on those sites without the slide show I have the same problem. http://www.historiclondonderry.com the post card menu goes under the first column. On another test site with the latest dkret3 2.5.2 theme, I also see the problem.
That would lead me to conclude that it is the z-index setting associated with the theme stylesheet. I will get smart by reading up on the link you recommended, then I can use firebug, a test site and see if I can make a change to the style sheet that works.
I will also drop a note to the Theme developer he may be interested.
Thank you for your help! I would not have known where to even start with this. I will leave this as not resolved and be back to post the solution when I can figure it out.
This is not an easy one to fix. I need a least a good and actual link with a page showing the error.
I thought the css for the suckerfish menu is bulletproof. But the z-index for flash is always a problem.
Just released dkret3 3.0 which has a new sucker fish navigation code. Please post, if the new version fixes the bug.
- The topic ‘Child page menus under items’ is closed to new replies.