Support » Plugin: W3 Total Cache » Character encoding problems

  • I really do not know if W3 Total Cache is the cause of my problem.
    I already updated to the last version of it.

    My problem started some months ago after a WordPress update but after that the Host did more updates (forced) so I cant go back nor know to which version.

    OK. The problem is that the Pages are being generated with various “?” character in the page but not many and is the only awkward char.

    The page is shown correctly in the Page Editor and I think is being saved correctly in the database. I took the html code from the database and created an html file in notepad and save it in UTF8 encoding and when I open it in the Browser it shows correctly.

    I took the same code and save it in notepad in ANSI encoding, and when opened in the Browser it showed incorrectly exactly the same as shown from the Site Output.

    So is something during the Output process or the Cache process.

    I already tried to disable the Total Cache plugin to test and cleared the Browser cache but still got a bad page. But I do not know if WordPress keeps serving the pages some reminder cache.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • The topic ‘Character encoding problems’ is closed to new replies.