I've made a few tweaks to the WPTouch settings for the site I administer (www.knom.org/blog/wp/), but the changes seem to have no effect on the site, even after I've repeatedly saved the changed settings and refreshed the site on my mobile browser(s).
I even restarted my iPhone, emptied my browsers' caches, and tried again -- still, the settings I changed seem not to have taken effect on the site.
The changes I'm trying to get to take effect are to remove the Categories from the metadata of posts shown on the blog's homepage; to change each post's thumbnail on the homepage to show featured images, rather than the default, calendar icon; to remove Categories and Email options from the header menu; and to tweak the copyright text at the bottom of the homepage.
Strangely enough, the changes that do seem to have taken effect are the Categories being removed from each post's metadata on the homepage, and the revised post thumbnails (featured images rather than the calendar) -- although this is ONLY true for the posts loaded by selecting "Load more entries..." near the bottom of the page.
The newest posts - that is, those that appear at the top of the home page - are still showing the calendar thumbnails and are displaying the Categories metadata, which is not in keeping with the settings I've saved for WPTouch. Kinda strange.