I am new to web design and wordpress and am having real problems in changing my URL for the entire website. Here's what I've done step by step.
1) I created a fresh wordpress website last year for the domain called 'racewaredirect.com' using a friends reg123 hosting account
2) However, I decided to create the website again using better tools so I started the website from scratch on my own reg123 hosting plan 'jawdesigns.co.uk'. However, I installed the website into the following directory 'jawdesigns.co.uk/raceware' to keep things separated from my own website directory (the root).
3) Finally the website is almost complete now but instead of using 'jawdesigns.co.uk/raceware' we want to use the url 'racewaredirect.com'
4) Therefore I transfered the domain 'racewaredirect.com' from my friends hosting reg123 account and over to my own.
5) In my reg123 control panel I made sure that the domain 'racewaredirect.com' has the same IP address as jawdesigns.co.uk (18.104.22.168).
5) Inside my themes functions.php file I added the required php code (listed here: http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL). I was logged out immediately when I refreshed the page.
6) When I entered the url 'jawdesigns.co.uk/raceware' it directed me instantly to 'racewareditect.com'. However, it's loaded me back to the old site in step one so it is not using the directory from 'jawdesigns.co.uk/raceware'.
I have tried a few times but have failed. If anyone has any ideas or could offer any help I would be very very grateful.
All the best,