[resolved] Changing the Published date causes broken links on google. Help please?1 (3 posts)

  1. bjh555
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Hi there.

    We have recently changed the published dates of our articles and this worked fine (the site only went live about 6 weeks so it is not too damaging). All of the permalinks are fine and all links sitewide work as we'd expect. Problem of course is google has worked hard at indexing the site thus far and now of course has plenty of broken links.

    I have found various plugins for solving the problem of permalink structure changes, but nothing specific for this. I'm guessing a 301 Redirect would do the job but am hoping a plugin might exist... to do this for me

    To give an example, it went from domain.com/features/12/2008/article-name to domain.com/features/01/2009/article-name.

    We simply changed any articles put on before January 2009 to 1st January 2009.

    Hopefully someone can help as this is frustrating. Not the end of the world but we would like to resolve it.



  2. Samuel B

    Posted 7 years ago #

  3. bjh555
    Posted 7 years ago #

    Perfect, many thanks!!

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Topic