In reference to this closed topic I have some additional questions.
My situation differs from the one above in that way that I want to move 5 existing subdomains on a multisite install to subdirectories, YET ON THE EXISTING SERVER and preferably on the EXISTING WP MULTISITE INSTALL. What I planned to do after backing up all content and data, is NOT to export all posts, yet to change all URL’s of existing databases new sites (with subdirectories) with the script, adapt the htaccess and create redirects for the old subdomains, pointing to the newly created subfolders.
I have the following questions before proceding with the above mentioned steps:
– If I change subdomain install to false, will the subdomains and the site actually still be active as such? In other words can I run this operation in parallel?
– If not I can I avoid downtime?
– Can I keep using the multisite install?
– Do I have to changes prefixes as well and if so, how?
- The topic ‘Changing from subdomains to directories’ is closed to new replies.