Hi, i know this has been covered but i think i have got myself into a bit of a tis was with information overload. I have this set up
.co.uk domain fully in use hosted at 1&1 (i know!) and its fully indexed on google.
I own the .com
I want to use the .com
TRhe .co.uk is actually really low traffic because at present all my traffic goes to site.wordpress.com and redirects to the .co.uk. This was only a temporary measure and I want to turn the wordpress.com site off.
SO, i think I need a 301 redirect to ensure all indexed links from .co.uk go to the new .com.
So far I think I need to do the following
1) Change of address with Google Webmaster
2) change my url on my web host from .co.uk to .com
3) somehow do the redirect itself. Should I use a plugin for this? (this is the issue)
4) in addition, i have a number of affiliate links. Would I need to reregister the .com address at each of the affiliates?
any guidance very much appreciated
- The topic ‘Changing Domain’ is closed to new replies.