Support » Plugin: Site Kit by Google - Analytics, Search Console, AdSense, Speed » Changes in AdSense ad settings not reflected on website

  • Resolved TRY01

    (@try01)


    Greetings,

    I’ve been trying to remove ads from showing an area from the website (header area). Unfortunately, they ads in that area continue to show. I’ve disconnected/reconnected the AdSense account multiple times and disabled/re-enabled the plugin.

    I was asked to turn off AdSense and did so for over a month and thought that if there were some sort of disconnected between the account and Site Kit then it may be resolved with time. Unfortunately, that wasn’t the case. I am using the latest version.

    Also, Site Health Info shows that it is “Good” without any errors.

    I would appreciate your assistance.

    Thanks!

    Here is a screenshot of my settings…

    Screenshot

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Support James Osborne

    (@jamesosborne)

    Hi there @try01,

    Sorry to hear you’re encountering problems with removing ads from areas of your site. Unfortunately we’re limited to Site Kit plugin queries here in the support forums. For that reason we can only assist with Site Kit specific questions, such as the snippet placement or configurations within your Site Kit settings. You may, however, wish to reach out to the product experts at the AdSense Help Center in relation to why your configurations for ad area exclusions are not working as expected.

    Before reaching out to the AdSense Help Center regarding your AdSense settings I would be happy to check your site if you wan to share your site URLs. Alternatively you can share your Site Health information privately. It may be a case where you have third party ad units placed on your site, and not Auto ads, or you may be using AMP, at which case the Auto ads settings don’t apply.

    Thread Starter TRY01

    (@try01)

    I just figured out what was happening. I’ve been checking most of my site pages in the Ad Settings Preview and by removing Area 1 and Area 2, it was showing that they were properly removed in the Ad Settings. But, Ads in Area 1 were still showing on my live site.

    I decided to preview every single page of my site and as I was doing so I noticed an Area 3 on one of my preview pages where it should be Area 1. It’s only like that for one specific page which is odd, but I turned off Area 3 and ads are no longer showing in Area 1.

    Basically, Area 1 and Area 3 are the same ads location for my site (maybe other people too).

    It’s been 2 days and so far it’s been solved.

    Plugin Support James Osborne

    (@jamesosborne)

    Interesting, and nice troubleshooting. If you’re finding the ad preview tool is not working as it should I would suggesting leaving this feedback with the AdSense team. This feature hasn’t been out for a long time, so there may be some tweeks required.

    Best of luck with your site going forward! If you have any Site Kit queries be sure to reach out.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.