I had our site about 80% built and discovered the other 20% wasn’t going to play well on the Windows server it was on. Thus, last week we switched from Windows to Linux, and ever since, I’ve been unable to upload images or plug-ins.
The GoDaddy people say I need to delete WordPress and reinstall it, that the problem is probably from changing servers after the app was already in place. (Don’t change horses in the middle of the Apocalypse?) Makes sense, I guess. Nothing else has worked, anyway.
I’ve backed up my database, but how do I get the backup back into WordPress after I’ve reinstalled it? And will the backup work with Linux when it was created off the Windows server? No nerve to hit the Uninstall button until I’m positive my site will come back from the Great Beyond with the reinstall. At this point I can’t do much of anything with the site since uploads don’t work, but at least the site *exists*…
- The topic ‘Changed Windows to Linux. Need to reinstall WordPress???’ is closed to new replies.