Changed in a line in the wp-rss2.php file…
..and now my installation of WordPress is completely broken. I tried to force the encoding, and moved the
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
to the top of the document. Trouble ensued. Firefox and IE display nothing at all. Opera displays random ASCII characters. Utter garbage. I returned the file back to it’s proper set up, even copied over a fresh version of the file from the archive on this site.
I tried to upgrade WordPress to the newest version, and it says my database needs to be upgraded. Well, I can’t get to that page, for it shows the same garbage as every other page does.
http://sugardeath.net is my website
http://sugardeath.net/wordpress/wp-rss2.php is the file I edited…
http://sugardeath.net/admin/ yields the database needs to be upgraded error (/admin/ is a redirect)
I have just put up a very crude page explaining what is wrong.
http://sugardeath.net/whatever will show the problem as it currently stands..
- The topic ‘Changed in a line in the wp-rss2.php file…’ is closed to new replies.