I developed a site on a subdomain of another site and have now moved that site to the actual domain it was intended for.
I backed up the database and restored it on the new server, zipped the httpdocs folder from the subdomain and unzipped it into the new domains httpdocs directory. I restored the database to a new database name. I then updated the wp-config file with the new username, password, and database name. Next I updated options_value’s in wp_options replacing the old domain with the new domain. (I have done this many times with other sites and this is all I ever had to do in previous version of wordpress).
The site does display, but anywhere I have used the bloginfo function in my php it is still pulling the old subdomain address for ‘stylesheet-directory’, ‘stylesheet-url’, and ‘home’ values passed to that function. Also wp-list-pages is pulling with links to the old subdomain url.
I did some research and updated my wp-config file to contain:
this didn’t seem to change anything.